Wednesday, April 1, 2015

ARTICLE: Tokio Hotel On Sex Parties, Drugs, And The Mountain Grove Chatting

Once in a lifetime, to meet Tokio Hotel... Was not on my to-do list. But it should be! If you wonder what has become of of the world stars who are off successfully and relatively fast at such a young age, these guys seem like harmless students from the neighborhood. Well, now they're not necessarily good, but pretty funny and down-to-earth. Or: The perfect Tinder-match for a curious safe evening.

In which club your latest album "Kings Of Suburbia" could be played?

Bill: I am not familiar with the German club scene because we rarely party here. I think there are some clubs in LA, where they could play it. For example, the Warwick. Or XS in Las Vegas.

Now most people, myself included, don't know these places. What do they play?

Tom: In these clubs, they mostly play electronic music. Here, guests can listen to Swedish House Mafia, or Skrillex. We have made remixes of our songs that would really fit in many clubs.

Is there a particular club you would like your music to be played at?

Bill: Well, I would love it if one of our songs were played at Berghain. (Laughs loudly)

Tom: Coachella would also be awesome.

What party-type are you?

Tom: We are always the drunk ones hanging in the corner.

You don't dance?

Tom: Only when we are really drunk. On Gustav's wedding, we all danced to 90's music. That was quite funny. Otherwise, we're not much dancers.

Which drink tempts you to dance?

Tom: That was a mix of tequila shots, whiskey Cola, rum Cola, beer and wine.

That's a decent mixer. What's hotter: A party on the roof in L.A with hot bitches and free alcohol, or an underground party in Berlin in a stuffy basement?

Tom: I would go to the basement. We've had these parties in L.A with beautiful women quite often. We haven't been in Berlin that often. I also like it when people can move more freely, and not have to worry about how they look and wether they have the most expensive drink in hand.

Bill: I also find it good if people can completely let themselves go while parting and forget about everyday life.

Tom: There are two types of parties. The one where guys buy expensive champagne and reserve tables to get to know women...

That is you?!

Tom: No, that's not us. We were, however, used to be (everyone laughs). We were 15 then. And then there's the party where you just go out and want to have a relaxing evening with friends.

Do you remember when you were at the club for the first time?

Tom: (To the guys) Was that in Magdeburg, a club? So if you count this club then 13.

Was that before you were famous?

Tom: Yes.

Awesome. But that is very early. I thought 15 was young to go partying.

Tom: We had fake IDs.

Bill: The club was called Factory, I believe. And then we were in clubs in Munich when we were 15.

Liquor or beer?

All: Beer.

Your best Hollywood party?

Bill: As in L.A, everything closes at 2 AM, the house parties are always the best. I remember a costume party of this super rich guy. The theme was Moulin Rouge, everything was super chic, he even rented the Cirque du Soleil who performed at his pool. His house was super big, and at some point we discovered a whole new world with spa facilities and wellness area.

I was super drunk and sitting in the sauna in my white suit. All the Cirque du Soleil performers were naked and having sex while I was fully dressed in between, and have been watching them. Until someone came and took me out of there. That was an extremely good party. Oh, and then we were at this great Halloween party, where at the end, we drunkenly tried these police tasers on each other to see if this really works.

And?

Bill: Yeah, that totally did hurt (laughs loudly). But that was a good party.

What does your hangover day look like after a crazy party?

Bill: We sleep super long. Up to 3 o'clock in the afternoon or so, and then the dogs want to go out. I usually take Aspirin Complex, drink a strong cup of coffee, and shower long. Nevertheless, I am still blurred throughout the day. But I take it just fine. Tom is worse. If he drank too much, it carries on with him for the whole week.

Tom: The day after is the worst. Then I need at least three days until I recover fully from it.

Gustav: Well, you aren't the youngest anymore.

Tom: In the past, it all went down faster. We even went out in the evening, and did a Bravo Star-section photoshoot the morning after (laughs).

Have you ever not been able to get into a club because nobody recognizes you?

Bill: Nope, we actually always make sure that this is clarified beforehand. In L.A, the queues are always very long, and it happens very often that famous people can't get in because they're not seen. That's why we always ensure that we notify the club in advance.

The best place to have sex in the club?

Bill: The toilet, most likely. I would go to the toilet. I find that pretty good.

Tom: Sexually active in the club? I don't think that's appropriate. But going into the staff-area would be the best option, I think.

Georg: Surely you could go to the car really quick. So, please excuse me.

If you could be 16 again, for a day, what would you do?

Georg: (To Tom) For you, it would be like any other day: Masturbate, masturbate, masturbate. (Everyone laughs)

What makes you sincerely laugh?

Bill: About Georg. I can't really laugh at jokes or comedians. What I find very funny, are spontaneous situations.

What part of you is typical German and what part is typical American?

Bill: Our accuracy and punctuality is typical German. I am never late and I always write down everything. Our English is typical American, because we have spent so much time in L.A and learnt correct English there. We already often use the words "Amazing" and "Like". I think that's horrible, but I can't turn it off.

Are you afraid of a particular drug?

Bill: No! (Laughs). We just shot a video for "Feel It All", which touches on this theme. I find topics like drugs and prostitution totally interesting. All these abysses of mankind. How one gets there and the story behind it.

Tom: I'm more afraid of things I can't control. When I swim in an ocean now, and a shark devours me. With drugs, you can decide whether you want to take them or not.

Have you ever tattooed someone?

Bill: No, but I'd quite like to.

Tom: Me, too.

Bill: But this is certainly not easy. I think because Georg doesn't have one yet, we can all try it on him.

Tom: That's right. I'd find it quite funny if we were to do that.

Bill: Is it possible to just buy such a machine?

Gustav: You can probably build one yourself. (To Tom) I would definitely let you tattoo me.

Tom: Because I'm the best at drawing amongst us.

But that doesn't mean you're also good at tattooing a person.

Tom: That's true, but the guys know me well enough to know that I can do a little bit of everything.

Georg: But nothing really good.

Your favorite app?

Bill: Instagram.

Tom: I use my phone to make calls and send texts, really. Even though I always have the newest iPhone. Oh, and I still have an n-tv-App. As I watch from time to time (laughs).

Georg: I also only use Instagram.

Gustav: Yes, only Angry Birds.

Which personality would you like to stand next to while peeing?

Bill: Kevin Spacey.

If you were there, would you look over?

Bill: I don't know if I would look down, but I would look over. Yes (laughs). For Tom, it would definitely be Denzel Washington.

Tom: Yes, that's true, Denzel Washington.

Georg: When I piss, I only look down and try to aim. There's nothing else.

Bill: I don't believe you. I'm 100% sure you'd like to meet someone in the toilet.

Tom: (To Georg) You would 100% want to meet David Hasselhoff.

Georg: But then not at the urinals, but on the toilet bowl (everyone laughs).

Bill: I would entertain there, too.

Georg: I always like to talk there.

Translated By: Tokio Hotel Malaysia (Please credit if use)

No comments:

Post a Comment