Monday, December 28, 2009

ARTICLE: Daniel Küblböck on Tokio Hotel

Jazz instead of pop: Is this the real Daniel Küblböck?

Küblböck: As a young man, it is normal to be developed and tried out various things. Eventually, I found that jazz is the musical direction that makes me the most fun. Jazz is a feeling of life, where I can flourish and show my musical facets, which in the shallow pop music but rather is not possible.

Does this mean that there will no longer have the pop musicians Küblböck?

Küblböck: Jazz music is definitely the direction that best suits me. But you can not see into the future. The music is so versatile and can be incorporated into the jazz-pop elements. I believe that the audience everything that is authentically assume.

Listening to your latest songs, falls on that you have a much more voluminous than voice to American Idol have time. Why is that?

Küblböck: I'm not woke up one morning and have noticed that I can sing. I have lived for some time in Vienna and learned to deal with my voice. Yet I have also discovered notes, which I previously knew nothing. When I took part in American Idol, I was just 16 years old and still in the middle of a breaking voice. The music producers have indeed noticed that there is something, but what they also did not know. Since they have tried it first with a slightly oblique music. They thought that would probably fit best on the bouncy young people. From this role I want to emancipate myself now. And it also helps that many Herumtouren. The whole casting artist always just sit on their backsides and do nothing. Nothing comes from nothing. Many casting Stars are just lazy.

But you are casting as a former star in the jazz scene at all seriously?

Küblböck: You have to convince the people and that only works if you have the will to do so. I do not regret my past. American Idol was not a mistake, but a stepping stone, which I still use today. When I had my number 1 hit was in the background a huge PR machine is in progress. Today, of course that is not true anymore. But now I have my own company to market myself and can make my own decisions. No management is consistent with the whip behind me and tells me what I do. I'm glad that I've done it.

Would you say that you, unlike other American Idol stars are still having success because you rely on self-promotion?

Küblböck: I think that this is the crucial difference. If one digs freely, it will be much more easily respected. Everything is hyped quick, pursued by the people for a short time. I wanted to do it by myself, of course I have my employees, but do I determine the path. And this is also the public recognition.

What do you think of Daniel Schumacher? His music career seems to stand so close to Off.

Küblböck: This is not meant unkindly, but Daniel Schumacher is simply too shallow. As an artist you have to move his audience to have a certain message. And it lacks, in my opinion. Many a singer in a hotel bar sings better than Daniel Schumacher. Good singing is not the art to be able to vote has the total package.

Is that the reason why the American Idol stars do not manage the long-term breakthrough? In the U.S. or England, are made up of former casting stars have become real stars.

Küblböck: Germany is now internationally seen no significant country music. The only ones known abroad are Tokio Hotel. The boys are individually and therefore they are also outside of Germany as well. But otherwise? Germany is a land of musicians, they are encouraged but far too little. There are few producers who end up over the years one hit after another. Dieter Bohlen is one of the few exceptions. In the United States and England coming stars will be encouraged, however immense. As goes mad spent a lot of money to build them. For us this is different. In Germany you can only be really great if you worked for years to come then.

Can you understand the criticism of Dieter Bohlen? Do you think it too hard with the candidate goes to court?

Küblböck: Dieter Bohlen performs a role it has in every casting show. He is the black sheep, but also has a soft core. This role it plays perfectly. I could not imagine myself without DSDS Dieter Bohlen. Sure, he is always very honest with his opinion. The one that's great, others do not find. This is a matter of taste. When Bohlen era, one day is over, will also be casting era has passed.

Would they even like to sit as a judge on American Idol once?

Küblböck: I could never imagine sitting with Dieter Bohlen together in the jury. We would be too similar to us in terms of harsh sentences.

You've already addressed your agent. Do you want to work in the future more as a businessman in the background?

Küblböck: I never thought that once I land in this area. For an artist, bureaucracy and paperwork is actually the last thing he wants to do. Meanwhile, it gives me but fun. With my agency, I will be especially sure that the music scene in Germany finally changed. Sales have fallen dramatically, the music landscape must evolve to survive. With my agency, I want to make my contribution.

But there is the oblique Daniel Küblböck yet?

Küblböck: I think the oblique Küblböck Daniel was a figure that has fit for a certain time. She was also authentic. I'm still happy doing funny and wacky things. But what is already slanted or twisted? I believe that it is important that you are optimistic and retained his cheerfulness. But this has nothing to do with oblique-being.

As we continue in the future with you?

Küblböck: I can not speak about details, but in the next year on TV a few things planned with me. In some cases, some will even say: "That he is now doing something I had not thought of." This makes it also interesting. The jazz thing will continue.

Daniel Küblböck was the casting show Germany is looking for the superstar known. According to the American Idol then 17-year-old number-one hit You Drive Me Crazy succeeded in 2004, he does with the jungle camp. Meanwhile Küblböck (vintage 1985) Managing a media agency, which he marketed himself as well, and has discovered the jazz music for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment